Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Memorable Milestone


We've done it!!! Calen and I just completed the first quarter of our first year of homeschooling. It is hard to believe that it has been nine weeks so we began this amazing and awesome journey. We were so excited as his read the last story in his reader, and we were all smiles as we packed up all our books to put away for his two week break.

Not a minute after putting the books into the cabinet, Calen said, "I can't wait 'til we start our new books next." YAY! Neither can I! We've had such a great time learning together.

Let me just say that Calen is not only a wonderful son, but a fantastic student. He makes the job easy for me (unless that "Y" chromosome is acting up). Calen is also a kinestic learner, although we're not sure where it comes from because Danny nor I am not. Anyway, on those days he needs to have his hands busy to listen so play-doh, clay, blocks, or even a pen can help him focus. Although, it drives me secretly crazy (well, maybe the craziness isn't much of secret...but whatever).

We will be starting back on November 10th for our second quarter and even more homeschooling adventures as this time I'll two little ones to work with!

No comments: