Thursday, January 12, 2012

And So It Begins...

Riley is really into defining boys and girls. Who the boys are in the family and who are the girls. The other day the kids where at the table as we were preparing for dinner. They were acting up and Danny said, "Calm down guys." Thus begins Riley's tirade, "Daddy, I am a girl. Daddy, I am NOT a boy. I am a girl. You said guys. You, and Calen, and Jackson are boys. Me and mommy are girls. We are not guys, DADDY!" Ok, calm down, my feminist sprout. We explained to her that "guys" can refer to a group of boys or a group with both boys and girls. She seemed to accept that explanation.

Today, the term sister cemented into her mind. She found another doll, Jerri, to be a sister for another doll, Olivia. We have Olivia, Lucy, Daisy Mae, Baby Jessica, and now Jerri. She began talking about Jerri was her sister and that would make Olivia her sister, too. Then her mind took the next step. "Mommy, when do I get a sister?"

No comments: