Thursday, February 2, 2012

Saturday Fun

This past weekend, Calen participated in his first
wrestling tournament. This was a developmental
tournament, so he would be placed not only by
weight but by experience. He did well,considering he had only six practices prior. His record was 2-3, with one of those losses coming at the last possible second to his teammate. His last loss, came at the hands of a boy who was in no way, shape, or form a beginner with "under 2 years experience." Unfortunately, that happens sometimes, and this was a teaching moment for Calen. No he didn't lose because he tried his hardest and didn't give up. We had to explain to him what his coach meant when he told him, "I'm proud of you. You have determination, and I can work with that all day long!"

After the tournament we grabbed some lunch, and since we were in Knox Vegas... Bruster's Ice Cream! This was Riley's first time, and she barely made it under the 40" mark for the free baby cone. Gideon was more than happy to polish off what she didn't finish though.






I spy a little chocolate on that face.

Letting the wind blow through my hair is way more fun than eating ice cream cones.

I was visiting Mamaw and Papaw, but Mommy put my handsome mug on here anyway.

Please, oh please, tell me that ice cream is its own food group!

No comments: