Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Go Mamaw's?!

As one season fades, another blooms. Jax is now in mamaw and papaw heaven. Don't get me wrong, he's always loved them, but now, he really understands what mamaw's and papaw's are all about. In the past few months, Calen has begun to transition easier. Jax's transition has become more difficult.

For the past three weeks, Jax has randomly made plans to go to mamaw's. It could be at 8:30 in the evening, in the car, first thing in the morning when he gets out of bed, or while at the store. It is, "I get my socks shoes. Go to Mammmmaaawwwwww's!" He's even had me call a couple times so he can ask, "Mamaw? I come to your house? Okay." Hands me the phone, "Mamaw said I come to her house. Okay?"

So he's going to mamaw's all by himself. For 3 nights and 4 days. I have a feeling Sunday night is going to be a little difficult. Just a hunch based on prior experience. It kicked in around the same age for Calen. I expect lots of crying and protesting for the next several years. This time next year...there will be two. Hey, what are grandparents for?

No comments: