Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New News

This past week I took on two new tasks. A new school year and my first bridal cake. As for school, I think we have finally hit our stride. I had read and heard many times that the first year is just really about getting your feet wet, the second year things start coming together, and by the third you've found your groove. While our first two years were very successful, I have found some truth in that advice.

I quickly noticed a change in our attitude. I was much happier to get back to the homeschool routine, as was Calen. He didn't complain about anything, he said several times he was looking forward to the next day, and he was bummed on Saturday to hear there wasn't any school. Jax and Riley are more involved, too. They hang out around or on the table more asking for paper and pencils. They are trying to sing he geography songs with him, and asking to help. I find myself with more confidence and a higher comfort level. I know what we're doing and where I want us to go.

My second new task was the bridal cake. It was really fun to design, and actually, I sketched out six different options to choose from. The one with dots and scrolls was the winner. I really enjoyed it, but there were a couple things I wasn't pleased with. Then with my worry-wart self, I started to stress that they would notice what I noticed. This was followed by images of bridezillas. I've never watched the show, but the commercials for it were enough! Now that I know that she enjoyed the cake, I look forward to doing it again, especially since I already have several designs already complete.

2 comments:

Bonnie Widmaier said...

great cake!

Julie said...

Jess...I've been thinking about you tons!!!!!! When is that baby due...May I think, right?? My this cake is beautiful!!!