Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Beginning

As we usher in 2009, we get the opportunity for a new beginning. As we look back, 2008 brought forth a wonderful year filled with many blessings for our family. We made it through the year safe and healthy for starters.

In the first half of the year God blessed us with another child, a job, and a home. During the second half of the year we moved into that home, Danny started his job, and I had Riley. We also gained a wonderful church family, some new friends, and are moving right along with homeschooling. Jax even made it through the year without a major injury to himself or Riley (any blessing counts no matter the size.)

As 2009 begins, we are excited for what awaits us. We will have new (and I'm sure some old) challenges. I can't imagine anything more wonderful than what we already have. I do have some goals (no resolutions here) for this upcoming year.

I really want to re-landscape our yards. I also want to make some updates around the house, the white/brass combos have got to go. I hope Calen will learn to tie his shoes and that Jax will be potty trained. Riley will be running around in the madness by this time next year (another pang in the heart).

We wish each of you a bountiful year of blessings. We also hope that Tennessee kicks some butt this upcoming 2009 season. GO VOLS! It's a new beginning.

No comments: